You will be required to comply with these service standards if you intend to operate a bus service in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards outline minimum service standards for a range of operational matters, including:
- The location of bus depots
- Parking, cleaning, servicing, maintenance and repair of buses
- Making and management of records
- The operation of the service
- Driver licensing and authority
- Bus driver training
- Driving hours and rest periods for bus drivers
- Monitoring of the safety of bus drivers
- How contraventions of road transport legislation by bus drivers will be handled
- Customer inquiries and complaints
- Handling of lost property
- Making information available to the public
- Training of people to manage incidents involving death or injury
- Insurance requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.