To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Have successfully completed an AMSA approved course in the adjustment of compasses;
- Provide copies of at least 12 deviation cards of ships whose compasses you assisted in the adjustment of; and
- Provide testimonials of the responsible adjusters in relation to your satisfactory assistance.
You must also provide a certified copy of your Certificate of Competency. Under certain circumstances, overseas compass adjuster licences may be recognised.
It is an ongoing requirement that you comply with the relevant standards:
- Magnetic Compasses Carriage and Performance Standards; and
- Performance Standards for Gyro-compasses.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.