You will require this permit if you intend to use agricultural or veterinary chemical products in a way that would otherwise be illegal or restricted.
This permit may be issued for the following types of reasons:
- A minor use, such as the use of an unregistered chemical on a specialty crop grown or on an animal raised by only a few producers on a small scale;
- Use the chemical product at a rate higher than the maximum rate on the label for that use;
- Use the chemical product more frequently than the use intervals specified on the label for that use;
- Use the chemical product contrary to a specific restraint statement on the product label (e.g. Do NOT apply by air);
- An emergency use, such as the use of an unregistered product to control a contagious disease for which no registered product exists; or
- Research purposes.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.