Safety of Life at Sea, or SOLAS, is the international maritime convention concerning maritime safety.
You must comply with this convention if you are the operator of a Regulated Australian Vessel, or if you are the operator of a foreign vessel that is;
- In an Australian port; or
- Entering or leaving an Australian port; or
- In the internal waters of Australia; or
- In the territorial sea of Australia, other than in the course of innocent passage.
It sets out the minimum standards to be met concerning:
- Electrical installations;
- Fire protection;
- Fire detection; and
- Fire extinction.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information