To be eligible for this licence, you must:
- be 18 years of age or over
- be a fit and proper person to hold the class of licence sought
- have the relevant competencies and experience required
- have successfully completed any required training and assessment
- be competent to carry on the security activity to which the proposed licence relates
- be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or permanent Australian resident or hold a visa that entitles you to work in Australia (other than a student or working holiday visa)
- obtain a driver's licence, photo card or customer number from the relevant agency.
Please be aware that if you are not an Australian / New Zealand citizen or permanent Australian resident, you will need to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the previous 10 years since turning 16. Each certificate will need to be translated into English (if necessary) and verified by the relevant country's embassy / consulate in Australia.
Please consult the Contact Officer for further information on eligibility requirements specific to your activity.