Walking Stock Permit - New South Wales


You may require this permit if you intend to travel stock through a travelling stock reserve. A travelling stock reserve is any route or land set aside for travelling stock, including a stock watering place.

This type of permit is generally issued for:

  • long distance travel by travelling stock walking from one region to another
  • travelling stock throughout a region during times of drought.

Please note that NSW is divided into 11 regions. Each region has an office which is responsible for the management of travelling stock reserves in its area.

Please consult your regional office for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

You may be able to make your application orally or using an approved form. If you application is made orally, you may be requested to confirm your application in writing.

Please consult your regional office for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As designated.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.


Task Resources
Apply Walking Stock Permit - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Department of Industry

Local Land Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.


Operating address: MLC Centre
Level 48
19 Martin Place
Sydney, New South Wales 2000
Mailing address: PO BOX 2105
Dubbo, New South Wales 2830
Toll Free: 1300 795 299
Email: my.feedback@lls.nsw.gov.au
Website: Local Land Services (Opens in new window)