You will require this accreditation if you intend to act as a Biosecurity Certifier. An accredited Biosecurity Certifier may issue a biosecurity certificate to an individual or organisation. A biosecurity certificate is evidence that a product is free from potential biosecurity risks such as the pests, disease, weeds, or other contaminants.
An accredited Biosecurity Certifier may certify that a biosecurity matter:
- is free from a specified pest or disease or contaminant
- is in a specified condition
- is from an area that is free from a pest or disease
- has been the subject of a specified treatment
- meets specified requirements
- complies with any matter prescribed by the regulations.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.