You will need this accreditation if you intend to act as a site auditor for contaminated sites. Accredited site auditors are engaged to independently review the assessment, remediation, and validation work done by contaminated land consultants.
A site audit is a review that determines:
- the nature and extent of any contamination of the land
- the nature and extent of any management of actual or possible contamination of the land
- whether the land is suitable for any specified use or range of uses
- what management remains necessary before the land is suitable for any specified use or range of uses
- the suitability and appropriateness of a plan of management, a long-term management plan, a voluntary management proposal.