You will require this accreditation if you intend to act as a site auditor for contaminated sites in NSW. Accredited site auditors are engaged to independently review reports on assessment, remediation and validation actions to ensure that the methodology used by consultants and their interpretation of data are consistent with current regulations and guidelines.
A site audit is as a review that relates to management, carried out in respect of the actual or possible contamination of land and that is conducted for the purpose of determining any one of the following matters:
- the nature and extent of any contamination of the land
- the nature and extent of any management of actual or possible contamination of the land
- whether the land is suitable for any specified use or range of uses
- what management remains necessary before the land is suitable for any specified use or range of uses
- the suitability and appropriateness of a plan of management, a long-term management plan, a voluntary management proposal.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.