You will require this accreditation if you intend to act as a Rail Transport Operator (RTO) in New South Wales. A RTO is involved in the following railway operations:
- construction of a railway, railway tracks, associated railway infrastructure or rolling stock
- management, commissioning, maintenance, repair, modification, installation, operation or decommissioning of rail infrastructure or rolling stock
- operations involving rolling stock
- restoration or repair work
- testing of railway tracks or other infrastructure
- any other activities relating to railway operations deemed appropriate by the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator and specified in the accreditation.
When applying for this accreditation, you must demonstrate the competence and capacity required to identify and manage the safety risks associated with railway operations. You must also provide a detailed plan of your proposed railway operation and all related operations.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.