You will require this accreditation if you intend to become an Accredited Certificate Provider (ACP) that creates Energy Saving Certificates (ESC) for sale to entities under the Energy Savings Scheme (ESS). Certain companies (for example: electricity retailers, electricity generators who supply direct to customers, and market customers who buy or sell electricity) are required to obtain and surrender ESCs in order to avoid penalties in relation to meeting their energy savings targets.
As an ACP, your company can create ESCs by carrying out recognised energy saving activities (or otherwise known as energy saving projects). These activities include:
- the replacement and installation of more energy efficient common electrical appliances
- installation of high efficiency lighting and other energy saving devices
- compliance with the National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) rating of buildings
- changes in industrial processes and changes in electricity consumption.
Please be aware that you can apply for additional energy saving projects to be added to your accreditation. You will require a separate application for each project.
Please note that:
- if your activity is a one-off project, you may consider working with an existing ACP instead of applying for your own accreditation
- conditions may be imposed on your accreditation and may be amended during the life of an energy savings project
- you may apply for registration for the creation of an energy saving certificate.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.