You will require this accreditation if you intend to undertake works required to enable new or expanded connection to the electrical network. Three levels of accreditation are available:
- Level 1: Construction of network assets - this accreditation allows for both overhead and underground construction work on both distribution and transmission networks which are located adjacent to a roadway.
- Level 2: Service work / connection services - this accreditation allows for construction of service lines between the distribution system and the point of connection to the premises and for the installation and energising of metering services.
- Level 3: Design of network assets - this accreditation allows for the design of transmission and distribution networks, including underground or overhead.
The following are examples of work done on electricity distribution networks that require this accreditation:
- designing network assets
- extending or increasing the capacity of the network
- connecting or disconnecting installations
- installing and energising service lines
- installing meters
- relocating network assets.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.