Step 1: Apply for a Developer Services Certificate.
- You will need to submit a full set of plans and
pay a fee for Hunter Water to investigate your development requirements.
- If it is determined that you are building within
the zone of influence of any Hunter Water asset you will need to submit a Build Over Asset Application with your plans which will then be stamped and returned to you within three business days.
Step 2: Hunter Water investigates your application.
Step 3: Receive a Notice of Requirements letter.
The requirements for your development may include:
- Payment of a recycled water developer charge
- Design and construct water and sewer infrastructure to serve your development
- Transfer of the infrastructure to the Corporation.
You may be required to consult and accredited design consultant to assist in these requirements. You may also be required to prepare a Review of Environmental Factors (REF) to assess the likely impacts of an activity on the environment.
A trade waste application may also be required if discharging industrial by-products.
Step 4: Issue of Developer Services Application Certificate or letter confirming that you have met Hunter Water's requirements.
Step 5: Arrange the connection to the water and / or sewer systems and pay the relevant fees.