Approval to Carry Out Sewerage Work - Coffs Harbour City Council - New South Wales


You will need this approval to carry out sewerage work. Sewerage work includes any construction or maintenance on pipes or fittings which connect, with a public sewer, septic tank or similar effluent disposal system.

There are multiple stages to getting your proposed sewerage work approved, with different authorities responsible for different aspects of the approval process:

  • you have to apply to the relevant local Council for approval to conduct sewerage work
  • you may also need approval from Hunter Water or Sydney Water if you are carrying out work in their areas
  • you will need to submit a 'Notice of Work' to NSW Fair Trading (or a delegated authority) to provide them with an opportunity to inspect all plumbing and drainage work to ensure that it meets the required standards.

Please note that plumbing and drainage work can only be carried out by individuals that hold the relevant professional licences.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Local Government (General) Regulations 2021 New South Wales

Administering agency

Coffs Harbour City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.