** Scheduled maintenance **

We’ll be updating this tool between 7 am and 11 am on 20 July 2024 (AEST). During this time, this website will be unavailable

Approval to Conduct Commercial Activities or Works on Trust Land - New South Wales


You will need this approval if you intend to conduct certain activities or works on land administered by the Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust. Trust land includes:

  • Centennial Park
  • Moore Park
  • the E.S. Marks Athletics Field
  • the land formerly known as Sydney Showground
  • Queens Park
  • certain other lands (e.g. Tay Reserve and Drivers Triangle).

The regulations contain a complete list of all activities that require approval. The following are examples of activities for which you will require approval:

  • collect or attempt to collect money
  • sell or attempt to sell any papers, printed matter, food, article, thing or service
  • sell or attempt to sell any tickets to any activity, ceremony or other event
  • conduct or cause the conduct of an amusement, event, promotion, instruction or performance
  • establish or operate a business
  • organise or participate in, or cause to be organised, a public meeting, public function, public demonstration, public gathering or other public activity
  • use television, cinematographic or photographic equipment for commercial or promotional purposes
  • erect a hoarding, banner or notice, or display or distribute commercial, promotional or political advertising matter or a sign, bill, poster or other printed matter
  • erect a sign or attach a sign to a tree, pole, rail or fence.

You will also need this approval if you require the granting of an easement through, upon or in the trust lands in order to:

  • construct pipelines, lay or re-lay cables or construct any apparatus to be used in connection with those pipelines or cables
  • provide access to dwellings situated on or within trust lands.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
General All Fees and Charges 2022-23 (Opens in new window)

Administering agency

Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.