You will need this approval if you intend to undertake development or business that may produce trade wastewater. Trade wastewater includes:
- wastewater produced at industrial or commercial premises
- wastewater transported by vehicle, including septic effluent
- wastewater from ships and boats
- run-off from contaminated surface water and groundwater.
You must apply for this approval if you:
- need a new water, recycled water or wastewater connection
- want to change the size or location of your meter
- want to put a pump onto an existing connection
- want to change the amount or quality of wastewater you discharge
- want to change the location of your water or wastewater connection.
To use Sydney Water's supply during construction and redevelopment, you must have an approved connection with a meter and backflow connection. Once you have completed all the necessary requirements and have the supporting documentation you may apply for a connection to discharge trade wastewater at Sydney Water Tap in.
Please consult the Sydney Water for more information.