Approval to Draw or Sell Water from a Council Water Supply - Clarence Valley Council - New South Wales


You will need this approval to draw or sell water from a water supply operated by your local council. Water is generally provided by the council through a standpipe, which is a metered hydrant that can be connected to a water supply network.

This approval is primarily needed for water carters who provide an alternative water supply in areas where the water supply is insufficient or temporarily unsuitable. Please note that water carters will also need to comply with other regulatory requirements.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the council to identify any eligibility requirements.


Up to one year


30 June


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $317.00

Annual water carter licence per truck (including the standpipe). Fees for 2023-24

Apply Application All $130.00

Annual water carter licence per truck (no standpipe provided). Licence for additional vehicles only. Fees for 2023-24

Apply Application All -

Please contact the council for more information.

Apply Miscellaneous All $2130.00

Standpipe hire bond. Fees for 2023-24

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Local Government (General) Regulations 2021 New South Wales

Approval time

Generally within 10 working days.

Administering agency

Clarence Valley Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.