Approval to Erect a Structure on Land with Easement for Public Access - New South Wales


You will need this approval if your land is affected by an easement for public access and you intend to erect a structure such as a ditch, canal or other excavation. This does not include a fence, gate, pipeline, pump or cattle ramp.

An easement for public access may be defined by reference to a natural or physical feature as it exists from time to time. It is a section of land registered on your property title, which gives someone the right to use the land for a specific purpose even though they are not the landowner. An example is a shared driveway.

Please be aware that if you intend to erect a fence or gate on land subject to easement, it must not obstruct public entry to the land.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Crown Land Management Act 2016 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Crown Land Management Regulation 2018 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure

Crown Lands

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information