Approval to Place Commercial Waste in a Public Place - Northern Beaches Council - New South Wales


You may need approval to place commercial waste in a public place for the purpose of collection by a waste contractor.

Commercial waste includes effluent, trade waste and garbage. Effluent is an outflow of water or gas from a sewer, sewage facility, sullage pit or grease trap. Trade waste is liquid or gas from any industrial, chemical, trade or business process, including any building or demolition work. Garbage is wasted or spoiled food and other refuse, as from a kitchen or household.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $205.00

Including first 7 days rental. Fees for 2021-22

Apply Application All $939.00

Late fee when containers / skips are delivered prior to obtaining a permit. Fees for 2021-22

Apply Application All $190.00

Weekly placement fee after the first 7 days. Fees for 2021-22

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 New South Wales

Administering agency

Northern Beaches Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Enquiries Officer

Northern Beaches Council

New South Wales
Mailing address: PO BOX 82
Manly, New South Wales 1655
Phone: 1300 434 434
Website: Northern Beaches Council (Opens in new window)