The use or occupation of footpaths to place or display items is regulated by the Council.
This includes having any article, item, product or sign (whether for sale or otherwise) either:
- on a public road
- near a public road
- outside a shop window or doorway abutting a public road
- beneath an awning over a public road.
If your business meets a few straight-forward principles, then:
- no formal approval is required from the Council for use or occupation of footpaths, approval will be deemed to be granted
- no application is required to made to the Council for use or occupation of footpaths
- no rent or other charge will be applied by the Council for use or occupation of footpaths.