Approval to Provide Courses for Overseas Students - New South Wales


You will need this approval if you are a school provider and intend to deliver courses to international students who hold a student visa and are enrolled at the school. This includes school courses and Non-Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Award English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) provided in the capacity as a school.

A NSW school provider offers course levels for either:

  • Primary school
  • Junior secondary
  • Senior secondary certificate of education
  • Non-AQF award (qualifications that are not government quality assured and not accredited by the Australian higher education or vocational education and training accreditation authorities).

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To provide courses for overseas students, your organisation will need to be listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS registration is a two stage process:

  • The first stage is that the provider and the courses to be delivered are approved by the Board.
  • The second stage is undertaken by the Australian Government. It is at this stage that providers and courses are registered by being listed on the CRICOS website.

Please contact the agency to identify any further eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Fee information is in the attached fee resource.

Application process


Applications are made using RANGS Online. Please see the website for the application procedure.

Administering agency

NSW Education Standards Authority

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.