** Scheduled maintenance **

We’ll be updating this tool between 7 am and 11 am on 20 July 2024 (AEST). During this time, this website will be unavailable

Authorisation for Public Activities - New South Wales


You will need this authorisation to undertake any of the following activities in public on foreshore area:

  • interfering with any trees, plants or vegetation
  • interfering with any buildings, roads, structures or equipment
  • bringing a dog that is not leashed, or bringing any other animal out in public
  • activities that will interfere with public enjoyment of an area such as games, playing music, or camping
  • unsafe activities such as lighting fires, setting of fireworks, or launching any aircraft
  • landing or launching a small water craft from foreshore area
  • commercial activities such as providing goods or services, advertising or fundraising
  • conducting exercise classes or using exercise equipment
  • conducting public assemblies such as meetings or sports events
  • conducting weddings and other ceremonies
  • swim or be in the water of Cockle Bay
  • swimming, sailing, paddling or berthing a vessel in Cockle Bay
  • using the stage in Tumbalong Park.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.

Other resources

Act(s) name

Place Management NSW Act 1998 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Place Management NSW Regulation 2022 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Customer Service

Property NSW

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.