Bed and Breakfast Liquor Notification - New South Wales


You will need to notify the authority if you intend to sell or serve liquor to guests at your bed and breakfast or small scale accommodation establishment. This notification only applies to small scale operations where:

  • no more than eight adult guests are staying at the establishment at one time
  • the alcohol has been bought from a retail premises
  • the sale and supply of alcohol is secondary to the provision of accommodation and / or food (including a takeaway picnic basket)
  • any person who sells, supplies or serves liquor to a guest has obtained their Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) qualification
  • the proprietor of the bed and breakfast has provided notification to the Agency that they will supply alcohol.

You do not need to hold a liquor licence to serve alcohol under these limited circumstances.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible you must:

  • be at least 18 years old
  • be a fit and proper person
  • ensure your premises meet the prescribed standards and requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

You do not need to pay any fees.


Administering agency

Department of Enterprise, Investment and Trade

Liquor and Gaming NSW

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.