Biodiversity Conservation Licence (Harm Native Animals on Private Property) - New South Wales


You will need this licence if you intend to harm native animals on land that you either own or occupy. This licence authorises you to harm native animals where they are shown to be a threat to human safety, damaging property and / or causing economic hardship.

You are encouraged to call the agency prior to lodging an application to discuss the nature and severity of the issue and any non-lethal measures that can be implemented to mitigate the problem.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence, you must justify the reason for the need to harm native animals. You may be subject to an inspection by the agency to verify your claims.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Lodgement process


You must lodge your application at the local office.

Administering agency

Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water

Environment and Heritage Group

National Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.