You will need this certificate if you intend to undertake an activity or work that involves the use of biosecurity matter. This certificate states that a matter:
- is free from a specified pest or disease or contaminant
- is in a specified condition
- is from an area that is free from a pest or disease
- has been the subject of a specified treatment
- meets specified requirements
- complies with any matter prescribed by the regulations.
There are several types of biosecurity permits, including:
- Area Freedom Certificate which certifies that an area is free from a specified biosecurity matter.
- Plant Health Assurance Certificate which certifies that a business meets the requirements of a Certification Assurance Arrangement.
- Plant Health Certificate.
- Animal Health Certificate which certifies that an animal has come from a specified pest or disease free area or has been treated in a specified manner.
- Export Health Certificate which certifies that the property of origin for animal or animal product is free from certain disease, or inspection of the animals to determine their health status, or both.
- Weed Freedom Certificate which certifies that any general machinery and equipment, grain harvesters and comb trailers have been cleaned and treated in a specified manner.
Please note, interstate biosecurity certificates that have been issued under a corresponding interstate law and in accordance with NSW law are recognised in NSW. Please contact the agency for more information.