Busking Permit - Northern Beaches Council - New South Wales


You will require this permit if you intend to busk or perform other forms of entertainment in a public place for money or other type of reward.

Busking includes playing a musical instrument, pavement art, singing, conjuring, juggling, mime, mimicry, dancing, puppetry, performance art, and other theatrical or visual activities.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $28.00 Annual permit (other than Manly CBD).
Apply Application All $16.00 Fee per day for residents under eighteen years of age (Manly CBD).
Apply Application All $52.00 Fee per month (Manly CBD).
Apply Application All $120.00 Fee per three months (Manly CBD).
Apply Application All $31.00 Daily Permit Many CBD.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Busking Permit - PDF (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 New South Wales

Administering agency

Northern Beaches Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Enquiries Officer

Northern Beaches Council

Phone: 1300 434 434
Email: council@northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au
Website: Northern Beaches Council (Opens in new window)