You will require this authority if you intend to employ children in the entertainment, exhibition, still photography, modelling or door-to-door sales industries. Specifically, you will need approval to employ a child who is either:
- under 15 years in the entertainment and exhibition industries
- under 15 years in the photography and film industries
- under 16 years in the modelling industry
- between 14 years 9 months and 15 years in the door-to-door sales industry
- an infant in any industry.
Employment is defined as providing payment or giving benefit (coupon, voucher, royalty, etc.) to a child or another person in return for services provided by the child. You are required to notify each time a child will be employed prior to the commencement of their employment. This includes pre-employment activities such as rehearsals.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.