You will require this licence if you intend to work in the security industry in NSW and carry out security activities that include:
- patrolling, protecting or guarding any property while unarmed (class 1A)
- acting as a bodyguard (class 1B)
- acting as a crowd controlled (class 1C)
- patrolling, protecting or guarding any property with a dog (class 1D)
- carrying on monitoring centre operations (class 1E)
- patrolling, protecting or guarding a property while armed (class 1F).
Please be aware that you can apply for more than one type of subclass to be endorsed on your class 1 licence.
All holders of security operative licences must be employed by a Master licensee or hold a Master licence of their own.