You will need this licence if you intend to use a boat for commercial fishing activities, including:
- locating and catching or otherwise aggregating fish, lobster or abalone
- transporting fish for sale
- carrying commercial fishing gear
- landing fish taken from other waters in NSW (after the boat departed from a port in NSW).
- Commercial Fishing Boat Licences will only be issued for boats being used in abalone, lobster, sea urchin, turtle shell and inland fisheries; there is currently a freeze on the issue of licences for all other fisheries.
- A licensed commercial fishing boat may be used by any endorsed commercial fisher who holds and is carrying a commercial fishing licence, regardless of who the boat is licensed too.
- This licence will be subject to conditions prescribed by the regulations or specified in the licence.
- Commercial fishing boats must also be registered and display their allocated Licensed Fishing Boat Number.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.