You will need this licence if you intend to use a boat for commercial fishing activities, including:
- locating and catching or otherwise aggregating fish, lobster or abalone
- transporting fish for sale
- carrying commercial fishing gear
- landing fish taken from other waters in NSW (after the boat departed from a port in NSW).
- Licensed commercial fishing boat may be used by any endorsed commercial fisher who holds and is carrying a commercial fishing licence, regardless of whom the boat is licensed.
- This licence will be subject to conditions prescribed by the regulations or specified in the licence.
- Commercial fishing boats must also be registered and display their allocated Licensed Fishing Boat Number.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.