** Scheduled maintenance **

We’ll be updating this tool between 7 am and 11 am on 20 July 2024 (AEST). During this time, this website will be unavailable

Communications Licences - New South Wales


You will need this licence if you intend to develop, operate or have an existing communication tower or associated infrastructure on Crown Land. You are also required to hold this licence if you occupy or use Crown Land with existing communication infrastructure.

The agency issues these licences to organisations for use of Crown land for communication purposes. Communication tower owners and co-occupants are required to hold a licence.

The communications licence agreement outlines the responsibility of the licence holder over the term of the licence, from initial granting of the licence, ownership, care and maintenance, rent and payment, indemnity and insurance through the removal of the structures.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is in the attached fee resource.

Act(s) name

Crown Land Management Act 2016 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Crown Land Management Regulation 2018 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure

Crown Lands

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.