Community Housing Provider Registration - New South Wales


You will require this registration if you intend to provide community housing in New South Wales. Community housing is housing for people on very low, low or moderate incomes or people with additional needs that is delivered by non-government organisations.

A community housing provider must be registered to receive assistance from NSW Housing Agencies. Assistance may include, but is not limited to either or both of the following:

  • providing funding, land or other property to a community housing provider
  • entering into a partnership with a community housing provider.

Please note that:

  • This is a national registration system. If you intend to operate in NSW only, you must apply to the NSW Registrar. If you intend to operate in more than one state or territory, the Registrars from those states and territories will nominate a Primary Registrar to oversee all activities.
  • To continue to be eligible for this registration, you must comply with requirements of the NSW Registrar, including the National Regulatory Code.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Community Housing Provider Registration - Please consult directly with the Contact Officer for a copy of this document.

Act(s) name

Community Housing Providers (Adoption of National Law) Act 2012 New South Wales

Administering agency

Registrar of Community Housing

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:


Registrar of Community Housing

Mailing address: Locked Bag 4001
Ashfield BC
New South Wales 1800
Toll Free: 1800 330 940
Fax: 02 8741 2522