Consent for Vehicles, Hoofed Animals, Vessels and Machines in National Parks - New South Wales


You can apply for this consent if you intend to use vehicles, hoofed animals, vessels and machines in national parks. The types of activities covered under this consent include:

  • operate, drive, use or and park a vehicle (some vehicles are excluded)
  • operate, drive, use or have within your possession an oversnow vehicle (for example, snowmobiles, quad bikes and snow cats)
  • drive a hoofed animal
  • operate a vessel
  • operate or use any heavy or noisy machinery
  • moor a vessel otherwise that in an area set aside for mooring.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.



Licence is valid for length of season.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2019 New South Wales

Approval time

4 weeks

Administering agency

Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water

Environment and Heritage Group

National Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.