** Scheduled maintenance **

We’ll be updating this tool between 7 am and 11 am on 20 July 2024 (AEST). During this time, this website will be unavailable

Consent to Operate a Business or Undertake a Commercial Activity on Reserved Land - New South Wales


You will need this consent if you intend to operate a business or undertake a commercial activity on reserved land. Reserved land is any land reserved under the Act as a national park, historic site, state conservation area, nature reserve or an Aboriginal area.

You can apply to the Agency for permission to operate a particular business or commercial activity including to:

  • operate accommodation facilities such as historical homesteads, cabins, lighthouses and camping grounds or caravan parks
  • operate restaurants, kiosks or cafes
  • conduct commercial tour operations
  • undertake commercial filming and photography.

You may also need an agreement in the form of a lease, licence, permit, consent, franchise or easement (for example for power or water supply services) to operate your business or undertake your commercial activity. This could allow:

  • the exclusive use of the land, buildings and structures
  • the erection of a new building or structure
  • modification of an existing building or structure.

Please see the attached document for examples of the types of activities that will require this approval.

All commercial opportunities are advertised on the NSW Government tenders website.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.

Act(s) name

National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2019 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water

Environment and Heritage Group

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.