Consent to Undertake Works Adjacent to a Levee or on a Floodplain - New South Wales


You will require consent if you intend to undertake construction work on a levee bank, or to construct flood works on a floodplain, in the Hunter Valley.

Construction work includes the construction of any building, fence or other structure. Flood works include any works, such as barrages, causeways, cuttings or embankments, which are likely to have an effect on the flow of water to or from a river, estuary or lake, or the distribution or flow of floodwaters in times of flood.

Please note that areas considered floodplains are determined by the Regulations, and will accordingly vary from time to time.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Water Management Act 2000 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Water Management (General) Regulation 2018 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water

NSW Office of Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.