You will require this licence if you operate as a company or partnership that intends to install, maintain or service air conditioning or refrigeration systems (other than their own) in the commercial or industrial sector. This licence allows you to carry out any associated electrical work such as:
- testing of, and diagnosis of problems in, control and power circuits and electrical equipment and electric motors
- disconnection and reconnection of electrical components designed to be permanently connected
- the replacement of electrical components on the load side of the mains supply
- the repair and adjustment (in accordance with normal trade practice) of electrical components,
- the repair, replacement or making good of cable terminations or defective electrical wiring,
- minor alterations to electrical wiring.
This does not include work on self-contained single phase plug-in domestic air conditioning systems, air conditioning systems in a motor vehicle and self-contained single phase plug-in domestic refrigeration systems.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.