You will need this licence to install, maintain or service an air conditioning or refrigeration systems. This licence allows you to carry out any associated electrical work, such as:
- testing of, and diagnosis of problems in, control and power circuits and electrical equipment and electric motors
- disconnection and reconnection of electrical components designed to be permanently connected
- the replacement of electrical components on the load side of the mains supply
- the repair and adjustment (in accordance with normal trade practice) of electrical components
- the repair, replacement or making good of cable terminations or defective electrical wiring
- minor alterations to electrical wiring.
This licence does not cover work on self-contained single phase plug-in domestic air conditioning / refrigeration systems or air conditioning systems in a motor vehicle, but does include any three-phase or ducted air-conditioning systems.