You will require this licence if you intend to install, maintain or service an air conditioning or refrigeration systems. This licence allows you to carry out any associated electrical work such as:
- testing of, and diagnosis of problems in, control and power circuits and electrical equipment and electric motors
- disconnection and reconnection of electrical components designed to be permanently connected
- the replacement of electrical components on the load side of the mains supply
- the repair and adjustment (in accordance with normal trade practice) of electrical components
- the repair, replacement or making good of cable terminations or defective electrical wiring
- minor alterations to electrical wiring.
This licence does not cover work on self-contained single phase plug-in domestic air conditioning / refrigeration system or air conditioning systems in a motor vehicle but does include any three-phase or ducted air-conditioning systems.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.