You will need this licence to contract and advertise to carry out mechanical services and medical gas work.
Mechanical services and medical gas work is defined as:
a) The construction, installation, replacement, repair, alteration, maintenance, testing or commissioning of a mechanical heating, cooling or ventilation system in a building, which is associated with the heating, cooling or ventilation of that building and includes:
- any valve, regulator, pipe, flue, tank, heating or cooling pipe or surface, boiler, burner, solid fuel heater, coil or other item that is used in the system
- in the case of a cooling tower, any water pipe, valve, pump, automated dosing device or automated bleeding device or any other mechanical component that affects the cooling tower's cooling water flow rate or wastewater disposal
- roof sheeting and roof flashing that is necessary for the purpose of any work described in this paragraph or paragraphs (b)-(d), and
b) medical gasfitting work, and
c) the installation, commissioning and any incidental design work that is associated with the installation and commissioning of:
- any part of a single head split system, or
- a ceiling cassette system, or
- an add-on condenser unit for a ducted system associated with the heating and cooling of a building, and
d) any design work incidental to, or associated with, work described in paragraphs (a) and (b).
It does not include:
- gasfitting work
- work on a cooling tower drift eliminator
- treatment of cooling or heating water
- cleaning of a cooling tower
- disassembly or reassembly of a flue terminal for the purposes of cleaning a solid fuel heater
- connection or disconnection of a system referred to in paragraphs (a)-(d) from a water supply other than disconnection of the system from a water supply at an isolating valve adjacent to a mechanical component of that system.