You will require this licence if you intend to operate a business that produces, processes, stores or transports dairy products. Businesses that need to hold this licence include:
- dairy farmers (dairy primary production)
- dairy factories (dairy processing)
- dairy food transport vehicles
- dairy produce stores (cold store)
- milk collectors (dairy collection and transportation)
- raw milk product business.
Please note that:
- dairy products can be produced by a range of animals (e.g. cows, goats, sheep, buffalo, donkeys, camels, etc)
- all dairy businesses must comply with relevant parts of the Food Standards Code
- depending on the nature of your activities you may need to have an audited Food Safety Program in place for your business.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.