You will require this licence if you intend to operate a business that produces, processes, stores or transports dairy products. Businesses that need to hold this licence include:
- Dairy farmers (dairy primary production);
- Dairy factories (dairy processing);
- Dairy food transport vehicles;
- Dairy produce stores (cold store); and
- Milk collectors (dairy collection and transportation).
Please note that:
- Dairy products can be produced by a range of animals (e.g. cows, goats, sheep, buffalo, donkeys, camels, etc);
- All dairy businesses must comply with relevant parts of the Food Standards Code; and
- Depending on the nature of your activities you may need to have an audited Food Safety Program in place for your business.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.