Development Consent and Certificates - New South Wales


You will need consent if you intend to undertake certain development activities, including:

  • carry out construction or demolition
  • undertake building work
  • change of use of a property or premises
  • subdivide
  • make alterations or additions to a property.

Anyone undertaking building work or planning to subdivide land is responsible for obtaining certificates to show the work complies with relevant legislation and other standards. The agency can advise which certificates are required for each development.

The Board periodically releases dwelling entitlements which allow you to build a new dwelling on an existing Perpetual Lease through sub-division or multiple occupancy of a property.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the Board to identify any eligibility requirements


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the Board for more information.


Administering agency

Lord Howe Island Board

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.