Domestic Waterfront Licence - New South Wales


If you want to have facilities such as jetties, berthing areas, boat ramps, slipways and pontoons on foreshore Crown land adjoining your property, you will need a Domestic Waterfront Licence.

The licence agreement starts from the transfer date on the title - typically the settlement or acquisition date. It is granted to the registered owners of the adjoining property where structures are below the mean high-water mark. The licence agreement outlines the responsibility of the licence holder over the life cycle of the structure, from initial granting of licence, ownership, care and maintenance, rent and payments, indemnity and insurance, through to the removal of a structure.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is in the attached fee resource.

Act(s) name

Crown Land Management Act 2016 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Crown Land Management Regulation 2018 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure

Crown Lands

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.