Drainage Work Approval - New South Wales


You may require this approval if you intend to construct or use drainage works.

Drainage works include pumps, pipes or channels that are constructed or used to drain water from land. This includes a reticulated system of drainage works, and all associated pipes, sluices, sluicegates, valves, metering equipment and other equipment. It does not include sewage work.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Up to 10 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.


Act(s) name

Water Management Act 2000 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water

NSW Office of Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.