To be eligible for this licence you must:
- be 21 years of age or over
- hold a current (full) driver licence of the relevant class (must be held for three years out of the last four).
In summary, the application process will involve:
- submitting documents and checks
- undertaking tests (theory and practical)
- obtaining a letter of eligibility
- undertaking a driving instructor training course
- a regulatory final assessment.
You also require to have a working with children check, and provide the road authority with your name, number and expiry date of licence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.