To be eligible for this licence you must:
- be 21 years of age or over
- hold a current (full) driver licence of the relevant class (must be held for 3 years out of the last 4)
- be authorised by Road and Maritime Services to undertake an approved course in driving instruction, and have passed
- have a current working with children's check.
In summary, the application process will involve:
- submitting documents and checks
- undertaking tests (theory and practical)
- obtaining a letter of eligibility
- undertaking a driving instructor training course
- a regulatory final assessment.
You are also need to provide the road authority with your name, number and expiry date of licence.