Enclosure Permit for Roads or Watercourses on Crown Land - New South Wales


You will require this permit if you are a property owner and intend to enclose a Crown road or watercourse within your property fencing. The primary reason you would need this permit is for grazing. Obtaining this permit may be subject to conditions including the payment of rent, putting up gates and any other condition that the minister determines.

Please be aware that the land must remain available for access and that the permit does not provide you with any title to the Crown road or watercourse. If you hold two or more permits, you can apply for an amalgamation of permits if the permits are held in the same name and within the same locality.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application All $239.00
Transfer Transfer All $90.00
Vary Variation All $239.00

Act(s) name

Crown Land Management Act 2016 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Crown Land Management Regulation 2018 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Planning, Industry and Environment

NSW Crown Land

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Enclosure Permits

NSW Crown Land

Department of Planning, Industry and Environment

New South Wales
Mailing address: PO BOX 2155
Dangar, New South Wales 2309
Phone: 1300 886 235
Phone: 02 9842 8200
Fax: 02 4925 3517
Email: enclosure.permits@crownland.nsw.gov.au
Website: Lands, Reserves and Cemeteries (Opens in new window)