You will require this registration if you are the owner of a building with external combustible cladding. This registration only applies to Class 2, Class 3, and Class 9 buildings that are two or more storeys, which includes:
- residential apartment buildings
- other types of residential buildings where people sleep (for example, hotels, boarding houses, backpackers, student accommodation)
- aged-care buildings, hospitals, day surgeries
- public assembly buildings, such as theatres, cinemas, schools and churches.
Please note this also includes any Class 4 dwelling that is inside a Class 9 building (e.g. a caretaker's residence in a storage facility).
This registration applies to external combustible cladding made of the following materials:
- metal composite panels, including products that consist of aluminium, zinc or copper outer layers and a core material
- insulated cladding systems comprised of polystyrene, polyurethane or polyisocyanurate.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.