General Licence - New South Wales


You will need this licence if you intend to occupy Crown Land for a specified purpose and term.

Please note that a licence over Crown Land does not give you exclusive use and possession of the land. While you would be permitted to use the land for the specified purpose, the land also needs to remain available for public use.

Please note that certain activities require different licences to use or occupy Crown Land, such as:

  • grazing livestock
  • building foreshore facilities
  • mining
  • building communications infrastructure
  • hosting a short term event.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $552.00 -
Apply Application All $552.00

Revocation of Existing Tenure and Issue New Licence.

Vary Variation All $239.00

Alteration of Purpose and Condition.

Act(s) name

Crown Land Management Act 2016 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Crown Land Management Regulation 2018 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Planning, Industry and Environment

NSW Crown Land

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:


NSW Crown Land

Department of Planning, Industry and Environment

New South Wales
Mailing address: PO BOX 2155
Dangar, New South Wales 2309
Phone: 1300 886 235
Phone: 02 9842 8200
Fax: 02 4925 3517
Website: Lands, Reserves and Cemeteries (Opens in new window)