** Scheduled maintenance **

The Department of Industry, Science and Resources has scheduled maintenance that will affect this service. From 7:00am to 11:00pm Saturday 20 July 2024 (AEDT). During this time you may experience intermittent disruptions to the service.

Grant or Release of Easement on Crown Land - New South Wales


Easements generally give someone the right to access and use land while the legal title or ownership of the land remains with its owner. An easement does not grant ownership of the land. For crown land, this means that a range of third parties can use the land for a variety of activities, while the State of New South Wales continues to own the land.

Easements are generally used to secure rights of access and rights for use of the land for utilities and infrastructure such as electricity lines, water supply lines, sewer pipes, bridges, drainage, and walking paths.

You will need to apply for a release of easement if you intend to terminate the easement agreement.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identity any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is in the attached forms.

Other resources

Act(s) name

Crown Land Management Act 2016 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Crown Land Management Regulation 2018 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure

Crown Lands

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information