You will require this registration to own a harness racehorse (standardbred).
There are a variety of ways you can register ownership. These include:
- Sole ownership: where you take full responsibility for the horse and have complete control over all decisions.
- Partnership: consists of between two and 10 people who share ownership. This means associated costs with the ownership of the horse are split amongst members and decisions must be approved by all members.
- Syndicate: where you register as a group of up to 20 members and the syndicate then owns a share in the horse.
- Lease: allows you to race a horse without owning or purchasing the horse.
Please be aware that:
- you can apply for a transfer of ownership
- you must comply with the relevant rules and your registration may be subject to conditions.