Hazardous Chemicals Notification - New South Wales


You will need to notify the Authority if you use, store or handle hazardous chemicals at your site in quantities that exceed a specified amount (called a manifest quantity). The type of hazardous chemicals and their manifest quantity are set out in Guidance Material and Schedule 11 of the Regulations.

Notifying the Authority will open a notification record about your site. You will need to inform the Authority through a revised notification of any changes to how you will be using, storing or handling hazard chemicals.

You will need to submit a notification form for the following situations:

  • you start using, storing or handling hazardous chemicals above manifest quantities
  • there is a significant change to the quantity, location and the way that chemicals are stored
  • you stop using, storing or handling hazardous chemicals
  • there is an underground, partially underground or fully mounded tank that was used to store flammable gases or liquids, but it is no longer used
  • when any of your contact details have changed
  • when there is a change of ownership of the site
  • when your notification acknowledgement is lost, stolen, destroyed, not received or there was a printing error.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


The notification does not have an expiry date, with the onus on you to notify the Authority of any changes.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $278.00

Fees for 2023-24


Administering agency

Department of Customer Service

SafeWork NSW

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.