Lease or Licence of Community Land - New South Wales


You may need to obtain a lease or licence if you intend to occupy community land. A lease or licence may be granted:

  • for the provision of public utilities and associated works
  • for specified purposes in accordance with the express authorisation of a council plan of management, including:
    • public recreation
    • physical, cultural, social and intellectual welfare or development
    • the provision of public roads.

Please contact your local council for more information about the plan of management and the availability of leases and licences for community land.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the council to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the council for more information.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 New South Wales

Administering agency

Your local council