You will require this licence if you intend to survey for, operate or construct a pipeline to convey any gaseous, liquid or solid state substance. However, this excludes the conveyance of petroleum within the adjacent area, as defined offshore petroleum legislation.
The process for obtaining this licence is as follows:
- Authority to Survey: this is an optional stage that you can apply for to allow you to access to lands to investigate potential pipeline routes.
- Licence to Construct: allows construction of the pipeline within the licence area. This includes the commencement or continuation of construction, or the alteration or reconstruction, of a pipeline.
- Consent to Operate: granted when the pipeline is fit for its purpose and can be operated safely. You must lodge and implement a pipeline management plan consisting of written plans, policies and procedures.
Please be aware that:
- you must ensure that the design, construction, operation and maintenance of any pipeline operated under the licence are in accordance with the relevant standards
- if you intend to cease operating a pipeline, or intend to re-commence operation of a ceased pipeline, you must first obtain consent from the Minister.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.