You will require this licence if you intend to either:
- produce, wash, grade, or dry more than 20 dozen eggs per week
- examine more than 20 dozen eggs per week to detect cracks
- manufacture or process egg products or produce egg product mixtures (such as scrambled egg mix, salted or sugared yolks)
- pasteurise egg products or blended egg product mixtures
- store egg products, blended egg product mixtures or cracked eggs
- transport egg and egg related products.
Please note that:
- if your business deals with fewer than 20 dozen eggs per week you do not need to obtain this licence. However, you will still need to notify the Authority of your business and its activities
- depending on the nature of your activities you may need to have an audited Food Safety Program in place for your business
- businesses which supply eggs for sale, other than exempt businesses, are required to have a unique egg stamp and are required to notify the Authority of their details.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.